When? 04 – 11th April 2019 | Krzyżowa, Poland
Where? International Youth Meeting Center Krzyżowa (Krzyżowa7, 58-112 Grodżiszcze, Poland)
- Are you already active in youth work, citizenship education or history projects and would like to learn new methods and approaches? Or are you interested in the topic and youth work, but have never done it before? Either way we invite you to apply!
- We value diversity of backgrounds, experiences and work fields. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our national coordinators to find out more about the project and what could be your role in it.
- However, there are a few conditions: You need to be an adult (18 years upwards) living in Estonia, Germany, Moldova, Poland, Romania or Ukraine. Citizenship is not a precondition. Since the training is going to be held in English, a good level of English is required.
Once upon today… in Europe
- is an international training where you can meet people interested in history and historical narratives from 6 countries and get the chance to learn new non-formal education methods,
- focusses this year on personal and community stories related to 1989,
- encourages its participants to develop their own project ideas and to put them into practice with young people from their local communities.
You will learn how:
- To bring together different perspectives on the same event/subject and learn practical methods to approach history
- To develop personal connections and explore how stories shape your personal identity, which stories are told in your family, community and how they influence your identity
- To use history in everyday life and various other projects
- To promote tolerance and better understanding of cultures and what brings our stories close together
- To develop critical thinking and grow awareness of the existence of more than one truth
Application deadline: February 25th 2019